Lenox Chamber of Commerce – Executive Director (Posted April 2018)
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Lenox Chamber of Commerce. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the President of the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading the Chamber in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of all Chamber activities, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for the timely billing and collection of membership dues and advertising
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Marketing- build user and visitors numbers of Chamber website, mobile app, and annual brochure. Increase advertising of members
- Events- build visitors numbers and enhance experience for Lenox Apple Squeeze” and “Lenox Tub Parade”
- Membership- increase membership, enhance engagement of members in meetings and social events, improve communication with members and provide monthly news letter to members
- Enhance Chamber’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective administration of operations-including maintain data base of members and non members, the website, mobile app, billing and collections.
- Establish Chamber as the Visitor/Information center for Lenox
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- A bachelor’s degree
- A very motivated self starter
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Chamber’s strategic future to staff, board, members and volunteers
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse members, government and other chamber groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability.
Commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefits package includes health and PTO
If you have trouble submitting via this form please email us.